Monday, November 17, 2014

MURPHY'S AUTUMN FROLIC



After viewing some animal photography by a Polish photographer, Alicja Zmyslowska (see her stunning work here  http://www.boredpanda.com/dog-photography-alicja-zmyslowska/ ),  I was inspired to get a dog.  After smacking myself in the head several times, I remembered that I can always borrow one from my sons.  Both boys have labradors.  So, I called up Jort and invited him to bring Murphy over to play in the leaves.

The plan was to use my Lens Baby lens to create pictures with those dreamy backgrounds.  So, with Lens Baby attached, we went outside and tried to get Murphy to lay in the leaves like a good boy.  Murph is a very calm, docile creature when he's inside, but when he gets outdoors, he has one thing in mind.  Well, several, actually:  ducks, balls, or bumpers.  All involve running at full speed to retrieve.  So, with much reluctance, I removed the Lens Baby and got to work with some straight photography.  I'll get artistic with it in the post production phase.  It is rare to see Murphy more than 5 steps away from my son's side, but he gave us a good sitting.


Lacking any real ducks...


Jort thought it would be a good idea to have some props, so he set up some decoys.
Murph thought this was an excellent idea and after the shot, 
crunched the head on the brown one.

Then we began throwing leaves on the poor boy and
we ended up with this hysterical rendering.

And this.

After the brown decoys demise, we added a pumpkin because Murph couldn't get it in his mouth.  

Back to chasing leaves.  He really liked this.

Poor baby.  The leaves are attacking.


After the trauma of the attack, he required a belly rub. 


See, he couldn't get the pumpkin in his mouth?  
A good try, though.

"Murphy, NO PUMPKINS!!!!"  Murphy puts on his 
I hear you, but I'm ignoring you face.

Portrait in the leaves.

Doesn't he look calm and docile?  
You had to have been there.

Panting because he's out of breath from 
running circles around us.

Murphy's silly face sea otter look.  
My grand dog is so multi-talented.

"You're catching this, right?  My master loves ONLY ME."

MY FAVE OF THE DAY...Now the real fun begins.  

Rolling in the leaves with his ball. 

At full speed...

HAPPY DOG, HAPPY DOG!

As the tongue grew longer and longer, we called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment