Monday, January 28, 2013

WHITE HAT... HE'S A GOOD GUY!

Hi, Everyone.

I've been on hiatus since July, dealing with some health issues and extreme lack of energy.  I haven't been out shooting since the summer, so I'm itching to do something creative.  I was going through some old images and found some of my husband from 1971.  He had just grown his mustache. We were coursing our Afghan Hounds on a Sunday afternoon with some friends from our Afghan club and one of our dear friends, Harry DeGeorge, a talented photographer,  saw Dick sporting that new mustache and said, "Next week, wear those pants and those boots and I'll bring everything else."

True to  his word,  the next Sunday came and Harry exited his vehicle with shopping bags filled with guns, holsters, shirts hats and by gum, he made Dick a cowboy.  The two of there went out into a field and had a great time.  The results were fabulous black and whites of Cowboy Dick, whose hero happens to be John Wayne.

I've taken the liberty of taking one of Harry's images and superimposing it onto one of my shots from Monument Valley.  Since the original cowboy images were 35mm scanned images and the Monument Valley image was a digital, I added a grain to blend the two images and try to get a feel of the Ole West.  I think it came out pretty good, so I'm sharing.

 I had a 16x20 canvas wrap done of it for a Valentine's Day present for my special guy.


WHITE HAT...HE'S A GOOD GUY!


See... we were always meant to be in Arizona.


Thanks Harry, for your willingness to allow me to use your image.
You're the best.






Until I can get out to shoot again, I will be posting some Photomontage images.  I haven't deserted you all,  just taking a break until I get my energy back.  Hope to be back full strength, soon.  Thanks for hanging in there with me.

1 comment: